Top 10 benefits of swopping
Swopatrade is an online community of professional people looking to swop their skills, services and hobbies with each other.
It’s something that many people may do naturally in their day-to-day lives – after all, the concept of bartering is probably as old as time itself – and it is common practice among members of business networking groups.
Swopatrade takes that concept to a whole new level, opening this up to a large online audience of professional people all looking to work together to mutual advantage, with swops being found in a matter of minutes.
There’s a reason the concept of bartering has stood the test of time and there are many benefits to getting involved in this new more modern format.
Here are our top 10 benefits to swopping:
1) Save money. There are many benefits of swopping services which you’ll read about in this article, but the absolute bottom line is that it’s a great way to save money. Although there may be the return investment of your time, by exchanging services you’ll be able to get something you need or want while protecting the bank balance and cashflow.
2) Start a business. Swopping is a great way to help start a business, especially if you haven’t got the funds needed for things like marketing services, financial advice, recruitment etc.
3) Grow your business. Trading services could help you to speed up plans for growth that may otherwise be on hold while you save money or secure the level of investment needed. For example, perhaps you want to get a website built, get a logo designed, or have some leaflets printed – these are all services you could potentially gain through Swopatrade in exchange for something you have to offer.
4) Boost your business. It’s not just about growth, it could be that you’re experiencing a quiet time and you’re not sure how to get out of it, or make ends meet in the meantime. If you have spare time on your hands, start trading services – you never know who you might meet or where it could lead.
5) A network of ‘go-to’ professionals. While traditional forms of networking can be great for business, it’s usually a real slow-burner. It can take several months to build relations and even find people who you can mutually trade with. Swopatrade brings a ready-made community of willing ‘swoppers’ to your fingertips. You’ll soon build a network of tried and tested people you can call upon when needed.
6) Free marketing. If you put the effort in, Swopatrade can be a great marketing tool. If you create a decent profile for yourself and offer a great service, the word will soon spread. You can reap the rewards of feedback, reviews and recommendations from fellow swoppers and this will quickly reach the online network.
7) Perks. It’s not just about business, you can use Swopatrade to take advantage of perks, such as personal training sessions, nutritional advice, gifts and more.
8) Can be done in your spare time. Depending on your skill, hobby or service, providing swops can be done as an aside in your spare time as and when you can fit it in. You could even use it to get those previously-mentioned lifestyle treats to indulge in on the days you’re not working.
9) New connections. The connections you make through Swopatrade could benefit your business for years to come. If you’re an electrician for example, there might be many occasions where you could pass work a plumber’s way and maybe vice versa. This could lead to a lasting new partnership.
10) It’s fun! In addition to all of the above, seeing what services or skills you can take advantage is really good fun, especially if it boosts your business or gives you extra little perks to enjoy.
If this sounds interesting, why not set up a profile and start browsing? You never know what you might find. For more information, you can also read our frequently asked questions at https://swopatrade.com/faqs/.